Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Yes, It is Worth It!

"Is it really worth all the time, money and effort?" This is a question that I sometimes ask myself.  Usually God gives me a clear answer "YES". God's answer comes in many different ways.  This is how he answered my question this week.

A friend asked one of our teachers the following questions and God answered my question with their responses:
Question: "How does this school change the lives of the children that attend?"

Answer: "Being that the school is based on a strong spiritual background where every teacher tends to behave and act in the Biblical way many pupils have been helped. I can think of three ways. (1) They are learning so they will get good results at KCPE [National Exam] level. (2) Some have and more will accept Jesus Christ as their Savior hence the Kingdom of God is theirs. (3) These students will act as good Christian role models to the Kenyan society and bring honestly and integrity into their future careers.

Question: "What are your hopes for the children in the future?"

Answer: "I hope that they will continue believing in Jesus Christ and pass the Good News to their families and communities. I hope that they will become independent successful people in their our country of Kenya while always striving to be ambassadors of Christ who will help bring moral change wherever they will go."

As I read heard these answers, I thought of the words of Paul in Acts 20 when he was leaving Ephesus bound for Jerusalem and eventually Rome.  In verse 35, he said, "I have showed you all things, how that so laboring you ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive'."

My hope is that I will always teach the Kenyan people that I influence to put God in the center of their lives. With God in his proper place, the rest works itself out.  So "is it worth all the time, money and effort?"  I can honestly say "Yes" because if one little child gets saved then that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment